At Nursery Hill Primary School, we believe that all of our pupils deserve and should receive the highest quality teaching experience.
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their wealthier peers by ensuring that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium is spent and this should be reported to parents and carers on an annual basis. Here is the report for the expenditure for the financial year 2018-19.
Pupil premium has had a significant beneficial impact on the experience children have at Nursery Hill Primary School. Here are some examples:
- TA intervention in the afternoons to improve standards in reading, writing and maths
- Read Write Inc. training for new teachers
- Financial allowance for eligible Pupil Premium children
- Training in Chris Quigley Mastery Maths for all the staff
- ICT resources to support Pupil Premium standards in EYFS
- Helps make a contribution towards small class sizes