About Us & The Role
Due to our growing pupil numbers, the Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational, imaginative teacher, who will help lead and manage the school, taking it forward into the next stage of its development as part of our senior leadership team. Applicants should be outstanding classroom practitioners with excellent interpersonal skills, committed to teamwork and reflective practice and ready to join a friendly, but focused team who have a strong commitment to raising achievement and attainment. This would suit a strong class teacher with aspirations for leadership.
We were judged to be a good school by OFSTED in June 2023 and the lead inspector noted that ‘staff and pupils have a strong bond’ and that ‘all staff are proud to work at the school. They feel part of a dedicated and cohesive team.’
This role has teaching and learning at its core, with the overall responsibility for all aspects of Maths across the school to lead, manage and develop the staff to achieve a high quality of teaching; effective use of resources and the highest standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
The successful candidate will
- develop and implement practices for Maths which reflect our school’s commitment to high achievement, effective teaching, and learning,
- use data effectively to identify pupils who are underachieving in Maths and implement effective plans to support those pupils,
- monitor the progress made, evaluate the effects on teaching and learning, and use this analysis to guide further improvement,
- ensure curriculum coverage, continuity, and progression in Maths for all pupils,
- provide guidance on appropriate teaching and learning methods to meet the needs of Maths and of different pupils,
- establish and implement practices for assessing, recording, and reporting on pupil achievement,
- evaluate the teaching of Maths in the school, use this analysis to identify effective practice and areas for improvement, and take action to improve further the quality of teaching.
It will also include a range of responsibilities linked to school improvement, including the line management of staff, the development of the Continuous Professional Development programme, coaching, and supporting teachers including Early Career Teachers entering the profession. In addition, the successful candidate will work closely as part of the senior leadership team to further strengthen the whole school teaching and learning strategy. The post will include a daily teaching commitment but there will be dedicated leadership time. The ability to support the continued growth of the school through marketing and social media would be desirable.
Nursery Hill is a rewarding place to work: our pupils are keen to learn and succeed; they appreciate their teachers’ support and care.
Tours to meet the staff and children are an integral aspect of the recruitment process. If you are unable to visit prior to the interview stage, for your application to be considered, please make contact with the school.
Closing date for applications 5pm Monday 16th October 2023