Nursery Hill Primary School is committed to meeting the requirements of the primary National Curriculum.
Our schemes of work reflect the content and challenge of the curriculum. Teachers have received training in key areas of curriculum change and are ready to provide outstanding curriculum provision.
The curriculum will be taught with the consideration of the needs of all learners including the most disadvantaged and those with SEND. Our curriculum will be exciting and will inspire children to nurture a passion for learning in a welcoming, happy, safe and supportive learning environment in which everyone is known and valued and all achievements are celebrated.
Through our curriculum offer, the children will:
· Develop in their social and moral purpose, as they build their sense of uniqueness and self-worth as an individual and as a member of our school family
· Be offered opportunities to nurture their individual talents and to achieve their true and full potential.
· Develop their understanding of their local and national heritage and their role in modern Britain today.
· Embrace all that a multi-cultural Britain has to offer them
· Develop their understanding of the world
· Appreciate the beauty and excitement of learning and experiencing things for the first time.
We give high priority to teaching the fundamentals of reading, writing and maths every day to ensure that all pupils acquire the basic skills for learning and life, and these skills are used and practised across other subjects.
Little Wandle is used for the teaching and learning of phonics in Early Years and Key Stage 1.
We teach the National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum using a wide range of strategies. We give children opportunities to work on their own, in pairs and in groups. We value the importance of talk as a tool for learning and invest time in this.
It is important to us to provide a broad range of exciting, relevant and creative opportunities that enrich the children's learning, including trips, visits, visitors, outdoor learning and links with our local community.